Monday, December 9, 2013

Guide to Residential Styles

Guide to Residential Styles

I love beautiful architecture! I love Real Estate.

Years ago I took a class with Mark A. Wilson, author of "A Living Legacy, Historic Architecture of the East Bay. I own the book.

While living in Humboldt County I took green energy classes with the College of the Redwoods. One of my many classes were two residential wiring classes with a wonderful instruction Grant Lay of Trinidad Residential Wiring, he has his own business in Trinidad and offers his wisdom in classes at college of the Redwoods. This awesome opportunity had me training and learning with builders, handymen and contractors of the trade. A highlight for me was that our classes completed the residential wiring for a brand new construction home in Eureka, on Humboldt Hill and a historial registered home in Eureka known as the "Anne B Ryan House".  This Victorian beauty is one of many you see through out Humboldt County, especially the churches with their beautiful steeples.

I picked up a complimentary copy from Humboldt County Planning Department of a book authored by the City of Oakland Planning Department by authors Helaine Kaplan Prentice & Blair Prentice called "Rehab Right - How to realize the full value of your old house.

Very interesting and I really enjoy architectural styles, and value the work and effort to keep them beautifully maintained.

No comments:

Post a Comment